|The Hidden tiger|
|Episode no.|| Series 5|
|Original air date||4 March 1967|
|Written by||Philip Levene (teleplay)|
|Directed by||Sidney Hayers|
|Produced by|| Albert Fennell|
"The Living Dead"
"The Correct Way to Kill"
- "Steed hunts a big cat
Emma is badly scratched"
- ―Episode subtitle
"The Hidden Tiger" is the eighth episode of the fifth series of the 1960s cult British spy-fi television series The Avengers, starring Patrick Macnee and Diana Rigg, and guest starring Ronnie Barker, Lyndon Brook, Gabrielle Drake, and John Phillips. It was first aired on ABC on 4 March 1967. The episode was directed by Sidney Hayers, and written by Philip Levene.
Sir David Harper, owner of an experimental livestock farm, is killed, apparently mauled by a tiger and when three other men die in the same way Steed finds a link to P. U. R. R. R. , a cats charity of which all the victims were board members and discovers a plot to turn the domestic felines of the country into vicious killers.
- Patrick Macnee as John Steed
- Diana Rigg as Emma Peel
- Ronnie Barker as Adrian Cheshire
- Lyndon Brook as Dr. Manx
- Gabrielle Drake as Angora
- John Phillips as Major Nesbitt
- Michael Forrest as Peters
- Stanley Meadows as George Erskine
- Jack Gwillim as Sir David Harper
- Frederick Treves as Dawson
- Brian Haines as Samuel Jones
- John Moore as Williams
- Reg Pritchard as Walter Bellamy